Friday, December 09, 2005

 

Desktop of choice: JDS

I spend most of my waking hours in front of a computer so the tools I use are very important to me. I spend time or have spent time recently with Solaris, Mac OS X, and Windows. I have come to the conclusion that the Java Desktop System (JDS), i.e. Sun's take on Gnome is my favorite. Not that the others aren't good it is just that JDS fits me better. It is simple and gets the job done. Some have complained that it too much like Windows but I really don't see that as a really a bad thing. However it isn't perfect, one important piece is missing: a good media player. The one it comes with really stinks. Since I am really a command line type, the GNOME terminal is the most important to me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?