Tuesday, February 21, 2006

 

Things just work now

So just on a whim I tried to connect my digital camera and Sony Clie to my Sun Blade 100 running Solaris Express using the tools in JDS. I was completely amazed that it just worked with just a few mouse clicks! I had everything from the Clie in Evolution in no time. And transferring pictures from the camera coundn't be easier. This may seem strange to be excited about but coming from old time Linux and using Solaris as my primary desktop for a couple of years now these things never came easy. I didn't have to download and compile anything or get real intimate with the hardware.

The thing is these things have probably been in JDS for awhile now, I just never thought that it could be this easy. Solaris (and desktop Linux which helped out here) has come a long way in a short time.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?