Tuesday, April 18, 2006

 

The Next Big Thing on the Desktop: 3D

A few years ago I saw a demo of Project Looking Glass from Sun and my eyes were opened up to what was the next evolution for the desktop. What a great way to make a more pleasant experience for users and a way to convey more knowledge to the user. However, I am a little disappointed that we don’t have this technology in production yet. I wish OpenSolaris would take this on. But as developers we must be ready because it is coming, one day. We need to start thinking about ways to take advantage of the new frontier.

Comments:
I Agree...I got a live CD recently from a linux distro: http://kororaa.org/. It's a totally 3D desktop.. a cube you can "flip" around and you can drag your windows from one face to the others.

Just to say it's coming...

Philippe
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?