Friday, September 01, 2006

 

I can print!

Printing has always been one of those things that I never bothered to get working in Solaris. I never wanted anything fancy, just plug in my HP inkjet and print out a document from Star Office and all with all to be done with no effort on my part. Since today is a rainy today and there is nothing else to do I cracked my knuckles and figured today will be the day I can print from Solaris. To my surprise it's really easy in the latest build of OpenSolaris. I plugged in my HP Officejet v40xi and then selected "Add Printer" from the JDS preferences menu. In about 30 seconds with a few mindless button clicks I had my printer setup. I figured that was just too easy so I opened up a sample drawing in Star Office and hit print and what you know, it printed with no problems!

It really is amazing when you think about the improvements in usability from Solaris 10 to Solaris 11 a.k.a. OpenSolaris.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?