Wednesday, October 10, 2007

 

A Good C++ Resource

After 10 years of programming Java* I am finally trying to master C++. Yes, I know I have it backwards. Since I am probably still in the stage of not knowing what I don't know with C++ yet a helpful resource is cplusplus.com. I like it because it reminds me of Javadoc. So if you have any other resources to recommend please comment. A very good book I found is "The C++ Programming Language" from the man himself, Bjarne Stroustrup. It's such a good book that if you read it and never even work on C++ you would still learn to be a better programmer.


*Yes, that is right 10 years of Java programming. I started with Java 1.0 as a hobby on OS/2 over 10 years ago and in a few months will be the 10 year anniversary of when I actually got paid to do Java 1.1 stuff. Wow, I'm old.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?